Sunday, February 4, 2007

7 Layer Dip

This was originally inspired by my cousin Leah, who makes an awesome 7 layer dip for every holiday get together. Unfortunately for me, NOT VEGAN!

Then I started testing recipes for Joanna, and she had some great mexican dishes. So now this 7 layer dip is also inspired by the great Joanna (Who's Magazine is going to be called "Yellow Rose Recipes"and I will keep you posted on when it can be ordered!)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Layer 1: Black Refried Beans
I used Joanna's recipe, but any vegan refried beans will work.

Layer 2: Taco TVP "Meat"
I used Joanna's recipe, but I think any packet of taco seasoning mixed with reconstituted TVP would work fine.

Layer 3: Nacho Sauce
Once Again, I used Joanna's recipe, but there are a million noochy nacho sauces out there.

Layer 4: Salsa
I like a lot of flavor, so I used Joanna's salsa recipe, but you can use any store bought salsa, or even just some diced tomatoes.

Layer 5: Sour Cream
Joanna's Tangy Sour cream is AWESOME, but any vegan version will do.

Layer 6: Avocado
Just diced and tossed in some lemon juice. Guacamole would be an excellent choice here too.

Layer 7: Olives
I don't really like olives, but the color is nice. I suppose green onions would work well as a sub.

No comments:

2012 Copyright/Permissions/Disclaimers

All recipes written by me, Joni Marie Newman, unless otherwise noted. Please feel free to refer to or link back to any of my recipes, but please ask for permission, and remember to give credit when reprinting recipes in their entirety. I do provide links to affiliate programs (such as Amazon) in which I receive a small commission for items purchased. I do not provide paid reviews. All reviews done on products or books are of my own unsolicited opinion. On occasion I may receive a book or product to review. I will note when this is the case, but rest assured, it will not affect the authenticity of my review. Thanks!--Joni