Sunday, February 4, 2007

Tofu Egg Salad Sammiches

Nothing too difficult or special about these. I didn't follow a specific recipe, but it's pretty much like making a Tofu Scramble, and adding Vegenaise!

Generally speaking:
  • 1 package of Extra Firm Tofu, drained & pressed
  • 1/2 of a medium/large yellow onion, diced
  • About 1 Tbsp of Olive oil
  • some Turmeric
  • some ground yellow mustard
  • some Vegenaise
  • some yellow mustard
  • some salt & pepper to taste
Directions:
  • Heat Olive oil in a skillet
  • Add onions, saute until translucent
  • Crumble tofu with your hands and add to the skillet
  • Add spices
  • Cook for about 10 minutes
  • Remove from heat and let cool
  • Mix with vegenaise and a little yellow mustard
  • keep refrigerated until ready to use

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments:

2012 Copyright/Permissions/Disclaimers

All recipes written by me, Joni Marie Newman, unless otherwise noted. Please feel free to refer to or link back to any of my recipes, but please ask for permission, and remember to give credit when reprinting recipes in their entirety. I do provide links to affiliate programs (such as Amazon) in which I receive a small commission for items purchased. I do not provide paid reviews. All reviews done on products or books are of my own unsolicited opinion. On occasion I may receive a book or product to review. I will note when this is the case, but rest assured, it will not affect the authenticity of my review. Thanks!--Joni