Sunday, February 4, 2007

"Waldorf" Style Chx Salad Romaine Wraps

I really don't think this is anything like a waldorf salad, but people kept calling it that so that's now what it's called. I didn't have a real recipe for this one either, but it was inspired by Katie (No Whey) and her "Amazing" blog. (Link in the sidebar)

Ingredients:
  • 1 block extra Firm Tofu, drained and pressed
  • 1/2 of a medium/large red onion, diced
  • About 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
  • some garlic powder
  • some celery, chopped
  • some golden raisins
  • some walnuts, chopped
  • Vegannaise
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • Hearts of romaine leaves
Directions:
  • Cut the tofu into tiny little cubes
  • Heat Olive oil in a skillet on Medium
  • Add tofu to skillet
  • add some garlic powder
  • cook about 10 minutes
  • Let cool
  • Mix in celery, raisins, onion, Veganaise, walnuts and salt and pepper to taste
  • refrigerate until ready to use
  • scoop into lettuce or make into sandwiches or put on top of a bed of greens
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments:

2012 Copyright/Permissions/Disclaimers

All recipes written by me, Joni Marie Newman, unless otherwise noted. Please feel free to refer to or link back to any of my recipes, but please ask for permission, and remember to give credit when reprinting recipes in their entirety. I do provide links to affiliate programs (such as Amazon) in which I receive a small commission for items purchased. I do not provide paid reviews. All reviews done on products or books are of my own unsolicited opinion. On occasion I may receive a book or product to review. I will note when this is the case, but rest assured, it will not affect the authenticity of my review. Thanks!--Joni