Sunday, March 25, 2007

On Tonight's Menu...Grillin': Tempeh, Asparagus, Tomatoes



Stuffed Tomatoes (Stuffed with Joni's Italian Style Mushroom and Sundried Tomato Veggie Dip)

Ingredients
6 Sundried Tomatoes, packed in oil
16 oz Tofutti Better than Cream Cheese (2 tubs)
16 oz MUSHROOMS,(2 small prewashed packs)
1 tbsp dried basil
6 cloves garlic or 1 tbsp garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions
Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth. Use to stuff peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms, or as a dip for veggies and or pitas.





Grilled Tempeh (Marinated in Joni's Kickin' Onion & Pepper Marinade and Sauce)

Ingredients
8 oz tempeh (Cut into 4 pcs)
4 cloves garlic
1 med/large yellow onion, roughly chopped
1 cup soy sauce
3 dried jalapeno peppers with seeds
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1 tsp cumin
fresh cracked pepper to taste

Directions
Add all ingredients (except tempeh) to a food processor and blend well, pour over tempeh and let marinade for a few hours before grilling.





Jasmine Rice &Grilled Asparagus (Marinated in Olive Oil & Balsamic Vinaigrette)

No comments:

2012 Copyright/Permissions/Disclaimers

All recipes written by me, Joni Marie Newman, unless otherwise noted. Please feel free to refer to or link back to any of my recipes, but please ask for permission, and remember to give credit when reprinting recipes in their entirety. I do provide links to affiliate programs (such as Amazon) in which I receive a small commission for items purchased. I do not provide paid reviews. All reviews done on products or books are of my own unsolicited opinion. On occasion I may receive a book or product to review. I will note when this is the case, but rest assured, it will not affect the authenticity of my review. Thanks!--Joni