Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Earth Burgers

Healthy Burger #2. This one is a little more labor intensive, but it sure is yummy.

Earth Burgers definitely scream, "Hippie food!" But, that's definitely okay with me.

The Recipe (makes 8 patties)
Ingredients:
2 cups cooked wild rice blend, prepared as directed (already cooked, not dry)
1/2 cup yellow corn kernels
1 1/2 cups broccoli florets, chopped
1/2 package of presliced mushrooms (appx 4 oz), chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
4 tbsp olive oil
1 cup vital wheat gluten flour
1/2 cup soy flour
1/2 cup water
Sea Salt and Fresh Cracked Pepper to taste

Directions:

Prepare rice as directed. If using frozen veggies, steam to defrost. Saute mushrooms and garlic in 2 tbsp of olive oil about 5-7 minutes, until fragrant. Mix together all ingredients including the remaining 2 tbsp olive oil, in a mixing bowl. Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes. Preheat oven to 375. Form mixture into patties. Bake for 25 minutes. Serve with Sprouts, avocado, onions, tomatoes, or whatever your heart desires.

Yield: 8 patties


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that looks good!

I downloaded your book yesterday (shipping to Sweden was the same price as ordering it as a download) but I've already told my partner that we have to order it in paperback as soon as we get money this month. The recipes look so good, I want to have it as a book so I can flip through the pages and put little stickers on things I want to make.

Don't Get Mad, Get Vegan! said...

I am such a lover of a good patty. this one i will definitely have to try!

Sunny said...

Yup. thats a looker. Have to have in my belly.. Last year I ate vegan for 2 weeks and I didn't even know what hit me. I felt, amazin'!

2012 Copyright/Permissions/Disclaimers

All recipes written by me, Joni Marie Newman, unless otherwise noted. Please feel free to refer to or link back to any of my recipes, but please ask for permission, and remember to give credit when reprinting recipes in their entirety. I do provide links to affiliate programs (such as Amazon) in which I receive a small commission for items purchased. I do not provide paid reviews. All reviews done on products or books are of my own unsolicited opinion. On occasion I may receive a book or product to review. I will note when this is the case, but rest assured, it will not affect the authenticity of my review. Thanks!--Joni