Monday, November 12, 2007
VeganMoFo and Answers to Questions
When I was about 21 or 22, I worked two jobs AND went to school full time, AND I still found time to have fun. Now, having two jobs seems like the end of the world! I am so exhausted when I get home that I don't feel like doing ANYTHING! Not even cook, or bake, or blog, or ANYTHING! I am sure I will get into a groove, as this is only the first week. Because I made nothing in my kitchen today, but leftovers, for today's entry...
...I have decided to answer the list of questions that Liz posted on her blog.
1. Favorite non-dairy milk?
It used to be silk, but lately it has been the Von's (Safeway) Organic Storebrand light version.
2. What are the top 3 dishes/recipes you are planning to cook?
Butternut squash/pumpkin ravioli, cinnamon rolls, more burgers
3. Topping of choice for popcorn?
Earth Balance, Salt and Nooch
4. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure?
It was a curry recipe. The lid fell off of my curry bottle and the entire bottle of curry powder fell into the skillet. I tried to scoop most of it out, but there was a lot of curry in there. I served it anyways...my husband tried to politely eat it, but finally said, "I'm sorry, babe, but this just doesn't taste right." I started cracking up.
5. Favorite pickled item?
6. How do you organize your recipes?
In a 3 ring binder with clear protective sheets
7. Compost, trash, or garbage disposal?
trash and garbage disposal (and dogs!)
8. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods...what would they be (don't worry about how you'll cook them)?
Nooch, Pasta, Soy Nog
9. Fondest food memory from your childhood?
My sister, Kristen, and I would make "dough" when we were home alone in the summertime. we would just mix together flour and other sweet ingredients until it was a dough like consisitency and then eat it. We also used to melt butter and pour it over dry frosted flakes!
10. Favorite vegan ice cream?
11. Most loved kitchen appliance?
Cast Iron Skillet, followed closely by the food processor.
12. Spice/herb you would die without?
13. Cookbook you have owned for the longest time?
Vegetarian cooking of the Mediterranean
14. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly?
15. Favorite vegan recipe to serve to an omni friend?
Cupcakes...or Mac & Cheeze
16. Seitan, tofu, or tempeh?
17. Favorite meal to cook (or time of day to cook)?
18. What is sitting on top of your refrigerator?
A big basket with a Wok and a few other things that won't fit anywhere else inside it.
19. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking.
edamame, tofu and brocolli
20. What's on your grocery list?
Nothing! No grocery shopping until Thanksgiving for me!
21. Favorite grocery store?
22. Name a recipe you'd love to veganize, but haven't yet.
Lemon Meringue Pie
23. Food blog you read the most (besides Isa's because I know you check it everyday). Or maybe the top 3?
Cakemaker to the Stars, have cake, will travel, Julie's Kind Kitchen
24. Favorite vegan candy/chocolate?
25. Most extravagant food item purchased lately?
Soy Nog (totally unnessecary splurge.)
26. What was your favorite food BEFORE becoming veg*n?
Today I had coffee, black, for breakfast, leftover pasta from yesterday for lunch along with a burger bun (as a side?) and a couple of cookies. Skipped dinner, but had 2 glasses of soynog. One with Kahlua in it.
All recipes written by me, Joni Marie Newman, unless otherwise noted. Please feel free to refer to or link back to any of my recipes, but please ask for permission, or remember to give credit when reprinting recipes in their entirety. I do provide links to affiliate programs (such as Amazon) in which I receive a small commission for items purchased. I do not provide paid reviews. All reviews done on products or books are of my own unsolicited opinion. On occasion I may receive a book or product to review. I will note when this is the case, but rest assured, it will not affect the authenticity of my review. Thanks!--Joni