Monday, September 1, 2014

What's up MoFos? Day 1: S#@! on a Shingle from Cozy Inside





That's right, today is day numero uno of what is going to be one amazing Vegan MoFo.  "What is Vegan Mofo" you ask?  It's only the coolest month on the blogosphere all year long.  A month full of vegan food, pictures, inspriation, stories, and recipes from bloggers all over the world.


The original Vegan Mofo Logo
(Click the logo to read my first ever Mofo post!)

I have been partaking in MoFo every year since its inception, by Isa Chandra Moskowitz over at theppk.com, way back in 2007!  I can't even believe I've been blogging about yummy vegan food for that long.  Can you believe MoFo is in its 8th year?  That's crazy...crazy good, I mean.  Seriously!  Each and every year, MoFo gets bigger and better and more and more people from all over the world participate.  Spreading the word about veganism through blogs, instagram, twitter, and anywhere else a #VeganMoFo hastag will work.

This year I am going to be sharing a different recipe each day from one of my cookbooks.  I also plan on giving away a few books along the way.  Today, in honor of it being the first day of the 8th MoFo, I am sharing a recipe from my first (self-published) book Cozy Inside: Delicious & Comforting Cruelty Free Recipes that also came out 8 years ago.


Cozy Inside was a labor of love. A hobby.  I had no idea that little 'zine of a book would lead to a publishing deal. And now, here I am, eight years later, putting the finishing touches on my ninth book.  I am presenting the following recipe straight from the book.  No editing, no new photos.  I love to look back at it and realize that even though I have come a long way, I'd like to think I still write and cook with the same passion and sass that I did back then.





6 comments:

Jeni Treehugger said...

Happy Mo Fo'ing thanks for the recipe, looking forward to more :)

Sal - AlienOnToast said...

Cozy Inside is still one of my favourite books! The meatloaf recipe is handsdown one of my favourite things ever. That reminds me I need to make it again! :)

vegan.in.brighton said...

High five! I love that you've mofo'd since the very beginning, I didn't even have a blog in 2007!!

Unknown said...

Oh man! I'm always looking for a new savoury breakfast idea and this looks awesome.

Bianca said...

Yay!!! Mofo power! 9 books in 8 years! Yo, you are a force. I mean, I knew that. But I just realized that you've been putting out more than a book a year. It took me soooo long to do one! I can't even imagine. P.S. I just got Going Vegan to review!! It looks fantastic. Can't wait to try some things out!

Joni Marie Newman said...

Thanks, mama. You and me and blogger go way back! Haha.

2012 Copyright/Permissions/Disclaimers

All recipes written by me, Joni Marie Newman, unless otherwise noted. Please feel free to refer to or link back to any of my recipes, but please ask for permission, and remember to give credit when reprinting recipes in their entirety. I do provide links to affiliate programs (such as Amazon) in which I receive a small commission for items purchased. I do not provide paid reviews. All reviews done on products or books are of my own unsolicited opinion. On occasion I may receive a book or product to review. I will note when this is the case, but rest assured, it will not affect the authenticity of my review. Thanks!--Joni